Chance Online Blackjack

Secrets of playing online blackjack

on May 25, 2012

If you spent any time online browsing the web for tips on online blackjack playing, you probably know that there are tons of techniques and strategies offered to help you play better. There’s also a lot of common misconceptions that fall in the category of advice that could actually make you play worse, so be aware of these myths before incorporating them into your game plan. We decided to offer you some useful tips and tricks that could improve your online blackjack skills and help avoid mistakes common for new players. We don’t guarantee that you will get rich overnight, but these tips could improve your games a lot..


10 as dealer’s hole card myth

This is one piece of advice you’ll run into a lot, but in fact that’s one of the worst things you can do. It advises you to assume that the dealer’s hole card is 10, and play accordingly so you don’t stand on a weak total. While you shouldn’t stand on too weak cards, it’s definitely worse to follow this advice, and here’s why – only 30% of the cards in the deck are worth 10. Simple maths tells you that the odds you are wrong are 70% and no one in their right mind would want to play something with this kind of odds.

Play big after a couple of losing hands

Another terrible advice that can only make you lose more money and nerves. Some online blackjack players advise you to place a higher than usual bet if you’re having a bad streak of games, in order to gain back all the money you’ve lost. There is no guarantee that the next hand will be a winning hand for you just because you’ve lost the last couple of them, and in fact, the odds of that happening are pretty low. If you want to win your lost money back, it’s a better idea to pause for a while, get your cool back, and keep playing with lower stacks until you’ve won a few games.

Don’t share the table with bad players

Here’s another popular misconception which is really an excuse for players to blame their loss on someone else. When playing multiplayer games, it’s not hard to spot a complete newbie who keeps blundering in one hand after another, but the way they play won’t affect your game. Some say that bad players make dealers win, but that is simply not true. Their bad decisions will cause the table to win about the same as they will make the dealer win.

Rely on your guts

Listening to your inner voice now and again is essential as luck is a big part of gambling, but in the long run strategy wins over chance. If you’re serious about winning some money, you have to come up with a plan and not just hit and stand at random. A good strategy will get you far, so keep yourself informed and try out a different approach every now and then.